DÉCORUM CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Production Crew Member will execute jobs assigned for events, assist with inventory maintenance, warehouse organization and overall production responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute installation and breakdown for scope of events as assigned following strict timelines
- Assist with event production; cleaning, packing, loading, return and storage
- Maintain warehouse inventory standards and quality assurance of products
- Adhere to safety guidelines and instructions
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish event goals
- Reports to Production Manager and Technical Director
Previous experience in set design, production, carpentry, installation and breakdowns. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and has Class E license. Available nights and weekend hours.
Background in theater set design/production, draping and lighting experience preferred.
Technical Director will collaborate with team on full scope of events, including but not limited to lighting/set design, floorplans, building/fabrication designs, execution and management of events.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversees and implements technical designs; develops technical plans/layouts for events
- Advises production managers, lighting and set designers, on technical specifications, costs, and usage of technical equipment required for individual events
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the event design; including supervising use of lighting and décor equipment
- Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, staging, custom build-outs, and special needs, necessary for events produced at the venue in advance of production dates
- Supervises the implementations of approved technical designs from concept to completion; delivery, installation, breakdown
- Supervises and assists with lighting and set design on site and manages production team; keep production team motivated, productive and working efficiently while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Post-event analysis, budget reconciliation, evaluation and recommendation reports
- Keep production team motivated, productive and working efficiently while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Enforce risk assessment plans in order to maintain safety and security or production team
- Provide updates on project status to team, maintains comprehensive project documentation, and reports to Creative Director
Knowledge and experience with CAD. Prior experience in lighting and set design in team lead role. Undergraduate degree required. Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Décorum is an innovative event design and décor firm with headquarters in St. Louis, specializing in custom design, luxury rentals and installation.
As a specialty event décor company we offer a stylish line of luxury rental furnishings and accessories; seating, bars, tables and decor. In addition to furniture rentals, we provide design solutions for lighting, fabric draping, graphics, and comprehensive fabrication of custom concepts. Décorum’s visionary team can help clients develop authentic and captivating experiences while bringing their ideas to life for any scale event.